How to create a text-only version of an email
Creating a text-only version of an email message is helpful for those subscribers use mobile email clients or for those subscribers that prefer receiving text-based emails vs.HTML-based emails. Sending both an HTML version AND a text-only version is considered an industry best practice. Email messages which include both an HTML and a text-only version are treated more favorably by the spam filtering systems.
To add a text-only version to an existing HTML email message:
- Edit an email from the Message Folder.
- From the editor view, click the Text Email tab.
- Click Create Plain Text from HTML.
- A plain text version of your email has been created and can be modified.
- When complete, click Save.
Note: The existing message must contain HTML content in order for the "Create Plan Text from HTML" feature to work.
Note: If the HTML content is modified, you will need to re-do steps 3 through 5 above to have the HTML changes reflected in the text-only version.