When a CSV file is exported, you may want to format the date column to a preferred format for easier readability.
Make Sure the Column is Wide Enough
If the column is too small, the date will show as #######. Drag the right side of the column header to widen the column.
Format Date in Excel
- Open the exported report CSV file in Excel
- Highlight the cells or columns containing the dates
- Press CTRL+1 to open the Format Cells window
- In the Format Cells box, click the Number tab
- In the Category list, click Date
- Select the Type you would like to show:
- Click OK
- Save the report as an Excel Workbook (.xlsx) to save the custom formatting