A template can be used to create multiple emails. This template will show your custom layout and can contain your company branding. You'll have access to a variety of premade templates and template block templates as a new user. However, if you would like to create a custom HTML email template, please follow the steps below.
- Open the Tools folder
- Click Template Editor
- Click the Create New Template button
- Enter a Subject (used as the template name)
- Start creating the template or copy and paste your HTML code into the Source view
- Create editable content areas, as explained below in the Template Help Instructions below
- Save the Template
- Your custom template will now show in the Templates section when creating a new message
Template Help Instructions
You must specify what areas of the template are going to be editable by the user creating a message with it. By default, all areas of the template will be locked down and not editable. To specify what areas will be editable, you must surround them with <cicontent1> </cicontent1> tags.
- Click Source to view the source code of the template
- Find the area you would like to make an editable region
- Surround the content with <cicontent1> </cicontent1> tags
- Table cells <td>, Span tags <span>, and sections <div> all support the <cicontent1> tags
- Each table cell, span tag, and section can hold only one content region
- Cicontent tags are uniquely numbered, so after <cicontent1></cicontent1> you'll insert a <cicontent2></cicontent2>
- There can be up to 100 <cicontent1></cicontent1> areas
Once a template is created, it will show under "Templates" when a user creates a new message.